January 28, 2011

Keepsake Pouches


When I am not working on larger pieces for specific exhibitions, I continue to work on smaller things that I can sell at art sales through the year. One of these things are my Keepsake Pouches, a handmade pouch made out of waxed Irish Linen that can be used as a keeper of one's personal amulets and talisman.


The last group of these were made for the Women Rock study and were made in the colours of rock (black), ice (white) and blue Alberta skies (blue). After spending approximately 8 hours making one of these (all done with needle and thread) I then pick beads, buttons and charms to decorate them and then fill them with colour coordinated crystals and semi-precious stones. They are then hung on an adjustable leather thong.

The ones shown above are all sold, and the ones below are some I still have around at the moment.

1 comment:

Arty Nancy said...

I have one and it is a beautiful intricate piece of wearable art.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...