August 25, 2012

Summer dyeing fun... continued

I have also been doing a lot of Eco Dyeing while out at the cabin. The prairie temperatures are usually +5c warmer than in town and it makes for great solar cooking!

Wrapping my silk scarves around flowers or leaves or tea or onions skins and using different metals as mordants (to enhance colours that are extracted), exciting results are obtained in lovely natural muted colours...

BEFORE...

AFTER...
  

Earl Grey tea bags after my morning cuppa gives a great grid...



Dried red rose petals from 30 years of anniversary roses given to me by my husband...



Hollyhock petals...


An interesting combination of different elements, probably never to be replicated no matter how hard I tried!



Just loving those eco colours!


And a huge thank you out to my special guest photographer for this opening session of scarves - Karen Roland, who was out visiting and got to see the unveiling in action!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...