April 18, 2013

UNESCO World Heritage Site

Yes, another World Heritage Site!
In past years I have created pieces based upon these Canadian UNESCO sites: the Rocky Mountain Parks in Alberta + L'Anse Aux Meadows in Newfoundland + Haida Gwaii (SGand Gwaay) in British Columbia + Dinosaur Provincial Park in Alberta + Quebec City in Quebec...

My latest interest is JOGGINS FOSSIL CLIFFS in Nova Scotia on the Bay of Fundy.

Employing a technique I have used in other series, I am drawing with free machine embroidery stitch on archival tissue paper.

Piece #1 is fish fossils...


Close up - tea dyed, waxed, black thread...



Piece #2 is the Ammonite shell...
Starting phase - draw and colour




Close up of the stitching...


And the final pieces framed...


I can't wait to present them to the public and hear their comments on them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...