April 19, 2016

Pillows, pillows, pillows!

While I was dyeing with neighbourhood plant material last fall for my clothing line (see earlier posts) I would also throw some upholstery fabrics in that I had been gifted. First I culled the pile for only natural fibres (100% silk, linen, cotton were the most common) and added them to various simmering pots.

I have spent the past month making pillows - boy, are they a lot of work!

The sizes range from 14"x14" up to 20"x20". The silk has the most amazing shimmer and the patterning on some are great. I am very happy with how they turned out. And finally got outside today (on our 27c day) to do some photography. Here they are...

Here are most of them lined up for front and back pics:


Wrap around - 2 different silks front and back:

100% silk bolster:

Cotton printed front with black cotton back for contrast:

Close ups of two patterned silks:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...