February 28, 2009
Donna Clement and her Women Rock work
As I am collecting items together to pack for Banff, I am narrowing down which pieces I will work on while I am there. I have five themes that I am exploring:
(1) flowers of the Rockies Mountains - specifically childhhod memories of Brown-eyed Susans, Queen Anne's lace, and Indian Paintbrush
(2) devestation caused by the mountain pine beetle
(3) fossils of the Burgess Shale
(4) textures of the Rockies (leaf shapes, animal pawprints, branches, fur patterns)
(5) and, continuing the work I started for the Winnipeg exhibit on immigrants to Canada, exploring the rounding up of Ukranians in Alberta during WWI into an internment camp located in the Banff national park.