February 15, 2009

Oh my goodness! It is February already?

Christmas in December and my (big) birthday in January made the past couple of months fly by. I am working on the upcoming show in Edmonton and have to have my pieces done by the end of this month. Then it is off to Banff for a MONTH away working on pieces for another show entitled "Women Rock" (see post from April 21, 2008 writing up last year's residency.)

But these photos are my 2008 Christmas card - have done handmade cards for the past 12 years and the list of receivees is getting smaller and smaller!

Here is the card - a hanging mechanism with three panels of handpainted and decorated papers, tied together with waxed Irish linen and beaded. At the base is a copper tag stamped with the person's name.


And this shows the packaging - tucked into a plastic CD envelope with the copper tags showing out of the slot in the front.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited to see this interesting art work live and in person. Good to see your new work.

Tracy Markey said...

happy belated 50th birthday! what an amazing gift :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...