March 29, 2009

Banff - Day 29

Spring is definitely here!

The Centre is posting notices that the first bear of the year has been sighted in the National Park, so to be careful on walks. They emerge from their winter dens hungry and there isn't very much food around.

The other sign is the two robins I spotted this afternoon - my first of the year. Although I have been reading on Facebook that other people down on the prairies saw their first last Monday, the 23rd.

Remember this? from Flossie's studio of collected art...


I wrapped it with cotton material that had been soaked in vinegar and left it overnight, and this is what I took off the table...


After washing it and letting it dry, this is the final result. Basically the process is staining with rust - don't you love it?


This fabric will go into my general stash until some future project calls out for it.

Tomorrow is our last full day and I will be taking ReBecca (from New Brunswick, who has never been in Banff before) out for a day of sightseeing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...