Held on Monday the 27th, I got a phone call from a friend who had just found out it was to be held that very evening. I had just returned home from a weekend away and we were out at our cabin that day on flood watch but decided to take it in. The theme of this PechaKucha Night was INSPIRE.
- Dean Bareham, Co-Artistic Director, Green Fools Physical Theatre
- Suzanne Boss, Project Manager, applying for Cultural Capital of Canada 2012
- Ken Cameron, Playwright/Persuasive Presentation Specialist
- Aviv Fried, Owner/Baker, Sidewalk Citizen Bakery
- Ken Greenberg, Architect/Urban Designer, former Director of Urban Design and Architecture for the City of Toronto
- Kristina Groves, Four-Time Olympic Medalist, Speed Skating
- Kevin Kent, President/Chief Knife Nerd, Knifewear Inc.
- Tony Luppino, Executive Director, Leighton Art Centre
- Dan Meades, Director, Vibrant Communities Calgary, people living in poverty in Calgary
- Lara Presber, Fashion Designer inspired by architecture
It was another wonderful evening and so entertaining! Kevin Kent, the knife nerd was definitely the best presenter with his references to punk musical history tying into Japanese knives. Olympian Kristina Groves also knew how to captivate an audience with her tale of running the Olympic Torch relay. Always a great night out!!