December 29, 2011

Christmas Cards through the years... 2009

2009 was the biggest, most time consuming 'card' I have ever done!

A structure inspired by Leilani Pierson in a Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine, I worked my way around the colour wheel producing 10 books with six double-sided pages in various papers and fabrics. These were collaged (paper term) or appliqued (fibre term) with beads, buttons, keys, phrases torn out of magazines, tin shapes, yarns, fabric scraps, shells, miniature cloths pegs, washers and charms.

This was made to commemorate my Book Making group which has been meeting every month for the past 12 years.


Here is the layout of one book showing each collaged page and its reverse. Repeat this for 9 other colourways!


Laying flat, you can see the bulk of the pages.


And lined up to see the colours.


I was really happy with how these turned out, and everyone was thrilled to receive one in the group!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...