April 02, 2013

CALYX is coming!

And what, pray tell, is the deadline???

Another spring, another Calyx sale!

A juried art show and sale where 30 different artists show separately on each day.

I am only there on SUNDAY, April 21st...



I still have a lot of silk scarves that I dyed last summer at the cabin in the woods. Here is a group shot of some of them.

The first are natural dyes for softer "go with all skin tone" colours.

The second are commercial dyes that get brilliant colourways.

The third are cotton flannel scarves made from men's shirts.

Plus I will have jewellery, hand made books, matted gelatin monoprints, and lots of wall art.

All of my art is TEXTILE based, whether it is paper, natural fibres - animal (silk or wool) or plant (cotton, rayon), synthetic fibres - nylon, polyester (all the better for burning!) and all with a component of STITCH.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...