April 04, 2014

WHAT'S ON THE SURFACE?

First exhibit in 2014!

I am so happy to announce this great start to the year. I have been busy creating new pieces and want to share them with you.

The Surface Design Association is an International group connecting fibre and mixed media artists. Surface Design encompasses the coloring, patterning, and structuring of fiber and fabric. This involves creative exploration of processes such as printing, dyeing, painting, stitching, embellishing, quilting, weaving, knitting, felting, and papermaking. The Alberta chapter has over 54 members; 24 artists are participating in the first Alberta SDA exhibit.
  

I delivered my two pieces yesterday, the show was hung today, and it opens tomorrow, Saturday the 5th. I will be attending the opening on Friday, April 11th and invite everyone to come out and chat with the many artists who will be present.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...